MAKING AN IMPACT
At Repligen, sustainability is a strategic priority that impacts all aspects of our organization. Through a balanced approach that blends stakeholder engagement, employee empowerment and strategic investments, we have committed to driving positive impacts across environmental, social and governance topics that are material to our business.
Repligen’s ESG priorities are reflected in four key pillars
Together these 4Ps embody the belief shared by our Board and Executive Leadership team that corporate responsibility is essential to sustaining business and economic growth in a manner that can also deliver positive environmental and social impact. We are embracing sustainability as a mindset that encompasses and enhances our ESG profile.
2022 IMPACT HIGHLIGHTS
Protecting our planet is a priority; our products enable higher bioprocessing efficiencies with reduced environmental impact.
- Reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity by 40% from 2020 to 2022 on a revenue normalized basis
- Transitioned to 100% renewable electricity at 9 of 18 manufacturing sites by year-end 2022, representing 75% of our total global energy consumption and 62% of total emissions
- Added Scope 3 emissions tracking and benchmarking (in addition to Scope 1 and Scope 2), for 9 of 15 categories as defined by the GHG Protocol
- Established detailed waste tracking and reduction mechanisms with monthly review by leadership steering committee
Our R TEAM Values, behaviors we value most, guide our actions and decisions every day.
- Fortified our cybersecurity systems and protocols, to follow CIS 20 Controls and implemented a Zero Trust framework
- Introduced the Repligen Performance System (RPS) for continuous operational process improvement
- Expanded our Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP) from 9 to 13 sites, covering 76% of our manufacturing footprint
- Initiated cross-functional risk management program to identify, prioritize and mitigate operational, reputational, and strategic risks
- Updated our charters and policies to maintain strong governance practices